COVID-19 Guidelines for Students
Current guidelines for students who feel symptomatic and later test positive for COVID-19. Please note - these are recommended actions from the California Department of Public Health.
Testing (these are recommendations, not requirements)
1. Self-isolate and test as soon as possible once symptoms are detected
2. If symptoms persist, test every 1-2 days
*At-home COVID tests are available at all school sites and at the district office
If your student tests positive (these are recommendations, not requirements)
1. If your student tests positive, notify their school site as soon as possible
2. Keep your student home for at least 5 days after the onset of symptoms or after the date of the first positive test, if no symptoms are present.
3. Isolation can end after day 5 if symptoms are not present or are mild and you have been fever-free for 24 hours.
4. A negative test is no longer required to return to school.
5. Wear a well-fitted mask for 10 days following a COVID infection.