Skip to main content

Child Nutrition Services

Fill Out The Meal Application, Get More Than A Meal


Funds Will Make Higher Education More Accessible for California Families 

Figuring out how to pay for college can be tough, especially for families with limited resources. Fortunately, the State of California has launched a program that could make college a reality for millions of children in our state. Starting July 1, 2022, community-based organizations throughout the state will work to educate parents about the California Kids Investment and Development Savings Program (CalKIDS). 

CalKIDS, a new program administered by the ScholarShare Investment Board, an agency of the State of California and chaired by the State Treasurer, will automatically provide eligible, low-income public school children in grades 1-12 in California with the tools to start saving for college, including an initial seed deposit and possible financial incentives in a college savings account. The State of California created the program to expand access to higher education and encourage families to jumpstart saving for college and other forms of career training, regardless of household income.

Kids in grades 1-12 may receive up to $1,500 in college savings

The State of California will offer eligible low-income public school students the following awards in a CalKIDS account to save for higher education, as applicable:* 

  • $500 automatic deposit for eligible low-income public school students enrolled in first through 12th grade
  • $500 additional deposit for eligible students identified as foster youth
  • $500 additional deposit for eligible students experiencing homelessness 

Over time, funds in a CalKIDS account can grow tax-free and be used for future higher education expenses, such as tuition, books, computers, and room and board. When the student is ready to use their savings to pay for any qualified higher education expense, they can easily redeem their funds, including any earnings, from their CalKIDS account. 

To learn more about the program, visit

* Final seed deposits and financial incentives are subject to change and approval by the ScholarShare Investment Board.

To fill out the application, click here: 2022-23 HUSD Meal Application.pdf (PDF) 



Los fondos harán que la educación superior sea más accesible para las familias de California

Averiguar cómo pagar la universidad puede ser difícil, especialmente para las familias con recursos limitados. Afortunadamente, el Estado de California ha lanzado un programa que podría hacer realidad la universidad para millones de niños en nuestro estado. A partir del 1 de julio de 2022, las organizaciones comunitarias de todo el estado trabajarán para educar a los padres sobre el Programa de Ahorros para el Desarrollo y la Inversión de los Niños de California (CalKIDS). 

CalKIDS, un nuevo programa administrado por ScholarShare Investment Board, una agencia del Estado de California y presidida por el Tesorero del Estado, proporcionará automáticamente a los niños elegibles de escuelas públicas de bajos ingresos en los grados 1-12 en California las herramientas para comenzar a ahorrar. para la universidad, incluido un depósito semilla inicial y posibles incentivos financieros en una cuenta de ahorros para la universidad. El estado de California creó el programa para ampliar el acceso a la educación superior y animar a las familias a empezar a ahorrar para la universidad y otras formas de formación profesional, independientemente del ingreso familiar. 

Los niños en los grados 1-12 pueden recibir hasta $1,500 en ahorros para la universidad

El estado de California ofrecerá a los estudiantes elegibles de escuelas públicas de bajos ingresos los siguientes premios en una cuenta de CalKIDS para ahorrar para la educación superior, según corresponda:* 

  • Depósito automático de $500 para estudiantes elegibles de escuelas públicas de bajos ingresos inscritos en los grados primero a 12
  • Depósito adicional de $500 para estudiantes elegibles identificados como jóvenes de crianza
  • Depósito adicional de $500 para estudiantes elegibles sin hogar 

Con el tiempo, los fondos en una cuenta de CalKIDS pueden crecer libres de impuestos y usarse para futuros gastos de educación superior, como matrícula, libros, computadoras y alojamiento y comida. Cuando el estudiante esté listo para usar sus ahorros para pagar cualquier gasto de educación superior calificado, puede canjear fácilmente sus fondos, incluidas las ganancias, de su cuenta CalKIDS. 

Para obtener más información sobre el programa, visite 

* Los depósitos semilla finales y los incentivos financieros están sujetos a cambios y aprobación por parte de la Junta de Inversiones de ScholarShare.

Para llenar la solicitud, vaya a 2022-23 solicitud de comida del HUSD 2022-2023.pdf (PDF)


Healdsburg Unified School District offers mySchoolBucks, a convenient online service that allows you to securely pay your student's meals online using your credit/debit card or electronic check.

You can:

  • Set up recurring payments
  • Track & review meal history
  • Create low balance alerts
  • Make payments with the new mobile app
  • And more...

Sign up now!  Registering for your FREE account is easy, mail to  My School Bucks. Create a secure account and never worry again about sending cash or checks with your student(s) to school again!


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 
(800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the 
USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at  U.S. Department of Agriculture , and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1)   mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)   fax: 
(202) 690-7442; or (3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



  Leigh Ann Bozung (707) 431-3434 Child Nutrition Supervisor

Click HERE brings you to our menu website. Hot Breakfast and Hot Lunch returns for the 2022-2023 school year!


Medical Statement to Request Special and/or Accommodations


husd adopts wellness plan

USDA Notice